As I look at the space where I'm supposed to add a title to this entry, I'm at a loss to go with something witty.
Maybe because I'm not in all that witty a mood.
See, I thought I was paranoid over the last few days about some stuff at work, but today was really the death knell.
I've recently gotten a new job, and outside of work, maybe all of four people know that excluding my family of course.
The job is within the same outsourcing company, but a different, arguably more important role, but I got the nagging feeling that my current department managers are distancing themselves from, and phasing me out, for lack of a better term.
Today proved my suspicions as there are three separate events going on, and I've been pretty much cut from entering/competing any of them.
First is an in-house incentive to win a holiday to a European city valued at €1000.
Second is an iPhone 4 incentive.
Third is the "Half Yearly Awards" whereby we all vote for colleagues under different categories such as "Best Male/Female", "Best Dressed", "Most Improved" etc.
This time round I'm not even nominated to defend my own titles? What kind of bollox is that?
Seriously.
Of course I called Shenanigans, but you know what I was told?
"Well you're leaving soon, so it's not fair on the others to have you in contention."
Bull! Absolute bull!
True, I am leaving, but I haven't even been given a date by HR yet on when that's happening, so it could be next month for all they or I know.
No holiday? No new phone? No title defense?
Feels more like I'm being penalized.
So, that was my day in a nutshell. Came home to find that a Crest of Courage I had ordered on eBay had arrived, so that cheered me up a little.

So, we come to the end of my first real entry, and it's way off track from what I wanted to do.
And that was talk about Nintendo's E3 showing and get my thoughts on the WiiU out there.
Maybe next time. I'll try and get another entry up before I head to Hyrule.
Sayonara.
Love and Peace.
Chain O'Mac
No comments:
Post a Comment