SheikAVC here, and unless you live in a desert like me, you would know what a monsoon storm is but.....I assume you all don't ^^ so here goes~
What is a monsoon? I'm not quite sure myself....its a big dust storm, usually cause by heavy winds, a lightening show sometimes happen too, and sometimes rain ^^; yeah, or aka a Haboob storm, don't ask, I just learn this term less then 24hours ago.
So I try to take videos of it...no luck, it was night time already so there was no lights and all, can't see the dust, but it was impressive really! Even for an Arizona resident like me, I mean, I been living here for sevearl years already, I already seen my fair share of monsoons, though this wasn't the fiercest violent one that I experience but the...display of it was...awesome. You know what, why don't I just link ya some videos that DID capture it.
Just gonna link two, cause if ya really that interest, you'll just watch related videos or that sort. Now, I thought it was cool, and harmless, its just a dust storm right? So I'm sleeping in since today is my day off of work. Yay, I luv sleep! then I hear I got a txt from someone. Well GOOD GRIEF, who DARES txt ME while I SLEEP....wait...actually a few people did, one of them that I could never hold against at ^^;;; *cough*...AnyHOW, it was my buddy who lives in NY. Usually the kid is at work at the time, even if the timezone is three hours in advance. So...whats the big deal?
'Sheikie, are you and your bro okay? Been watching the weather.'
o__O apparently news of our weather not only the buzz state wide but national. Seriously folks, it looks dangerous but its not really ^^ I'm here safe in my house, typing away this blog.
Now if I was driving DURING all that, then yeah....that ain't safe at all~ your talking zero visibility, anyhow. Just wanna spread the awesomeness that was yesterday July 5th and seriously, this was waaaaaaaay cooler then a 4th of July fireworks show.
No comments:
Post a Comment